Fortunately, the site was quickly grabbed by AVOS, which is run by Chad Hurley and Steve Chen. These are the guys who developed YouTube and then sold it to Google for millions of dollars.
There's a good update in the NY Times ("YouTube Founders Revamping a Site for Link Sharing") about coming plans to improve Delicious and make it more appealing to a wider user-base. The article mentions interface updates as well as social enhancements and increased discovery channels.
I'll be pretty happy with improvements so long as they don't break what works. Posting and tagging links with Delicious is super easy.
Actually, I'm rather interested in plans to make Delicious more social. My biggest complaint with Delicious is how hard it is to build a good social network of real-life friends. I want to know what my real-life peeps are bookmarking so I can share good sites with them. For now, I just use Delicious as a personal link repository. It could be a lot more.
Do you use Delicious? What improvements would you recommend?
BTW, I'm at http://www.delicious.com/rmbenson. Would welcome more Roane State folks in my network.
No comments:
Post a Comment