Okay. I confess. I'm stuck on Twitter. My obsession started before Tanya Joosten's Ed Tech presentation last month but, looking back, I see that I've posted exclusively about Twitter ever since. I'll move on, but before I do...
Even if you never incorporate Twitter into your classroom, you can still find value in Twitter as a professional development tool. I think of Twitter as a huge conversation that anyone can join at any time. The trick is knowing where to join and what people are saying.
That's where hashtags help. Hashtags are the short, sometimes cryptic, abbreviations used to tag the content of a tweet. They start with the # sign.
Educators are using Twitter to share ideas and help each other solve problems. Ed Tech Magazine recently posted a list of 10 great hashtags to follow for the most up-to-minute educational-related tweets. It is a strong list.
Happy tweeting.
No comments:
Post a Comment